CONSENT: A player’s enthusiastic participation.
Participation in community spaces and/or game servers indicates that you consent to participate in roleplay and discussion that reflects the lore and gameplay of the server. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- Depictions of violence
- Violence against other characters*
- Hunting/skinning animals
- Potential to be robbed, kidnapped, harmed by other characters*
- Language heard from NPCs (non-player-characters)
(*All acts must be within the context of server rules and serve the RP purpose of collaborative storytelling.)
While the server and community rules are fundamental to the goal of community safety, a better understanding of consent in the context of RP will foster both safer spaces and better storytelling.
- Players feel in control of their contribution and the situation.
- Players feel safe.
- Players are enjoying the experience.
For a fantastic, free resource please check out Consent in Gaming from Monte Cooke Games.